Make a meme
To create a meme you should Login first. You can do that with your Facebook account (social login) or by registering first on our web site and after that, login with your new user name. Then, go to menu “Create Meme” and start creating stunning, unique and funny memes that will go viral and which your friends will love! Be creative!
For the meme creation you have options to:
- choose meme background - it can be an image or the solid color background,
- enter text (choose the text color, position and font),
- draw free hand objects with the pencil, in a color you choose from the color picker,
- insert square and circle objects in a color you choose from the color picker,
- insert images into a meme (from the sidebar module “Add images to meme”),
- insert your web camera snapshot (from the sidebar module “Add web camera snapshot to meme”).
The inserted text and the image objects can be moved, scaled, rotated, modified with image filters and their opacity can be changed.
To use the web camera snapshot you have to allow the camera sharing.
Tips for creating a meme
If you choose to create your meme from scratch, you can browse through the selection of images that Meme Generator has in the image carousel at the top of the Create meme page and select the one you like. The chosen image will be a background for your meme.
Next, think about the message you want to send. If you’re already familiar with memes, you possibly already know that certain memes are used in certain situations.For example, "Success Kid" is a popular meme used to describe mostly normal situation that lead to an unexpected success.
If you just want to make something quick and simple, you can use an existing meme and modify it (you have the "remix" option beside each meme).
The most image memes have white textual captions written in all caps with the Impact font which is a characteristic of the Internet meme culture. The hardest part is coming up with a witty and funny caption that everyone can relate to and wants to share.
When you make a meme it is instantly visible to all the Meme Generator visitors. So, if it becomes popular, it’s very likely that you will see it in other places online, as others will share it. You can also share it by using the social media share buttons provided at the bottom of every meme.
Meme Generator enables you to enter multiple text blocks in a meme, which will overlay an image in the background. After you enter the text into the sidebar module "Add text to meme", click on the button "Add text". After that, the text is placed on a meme, you can move it at the position you want, usually this is at the top and bottom part of the image. Also, you can resize or rotate it.
If you want to add nice looking border to the text, you can do that by selecting text with "Select objects" tool (located near meme) and then choose "Line color".
The sidebar module "Add images to meme" gives you an option to add small images to your meme. Select one of the existing images or upload your own. Click on the image and it will be added to a meme. After that you can apply filters, move or resize it.
Add web camera snapshot
The "Add web camera snapshot to meme" module, in the sidebar, enables you to make your own meme: take a picture of yourself with a web camera and put that image into the meme. To use this option, on the question: "Would you like to share your camera with..." answer with "Share selected device" and your web camera will be activated. You will see your image on the sceen. When you are ready to take a snapshot, click on one of the buttons: "Snapshot as background" or "Snapshot as image" and your image will be added to meme. The camera will be turned off when you refresh the page.
Images for memes
For creating memes, please use only images for which you own legal rights or use images which are approved for the public use and modifications. Use your personal images, images from public domain, images flagged with the "free for reuse and modification images", which doesn't require attribution.
Some sources of the free images:
- pixabay.com - free images and videos you can use anywhere. All images and videos on Pixabay are released free of copyrights under Creative Commons CC0. You may download, modify, distribute, and use them royalty-free for anything you like, even in commercial applications. Attribution is not required.
- morguefile.com - Morguefile, where photo reference lives. This morgue file contains free high resolution digital stock photographs and reference images for either corporate or public use. The purpose of this site is to provide free image reference material for illustrators, comic book artist, designers, teachers and all creative pursuits.
Seek for images that are allowed to copy, distribute, transmit the work and to adapt the work and where Attribution is not required.
Have fun and be creative!